10 Interesting Factoids About ME
If you've been following me for the last year, or simply NEW to the Whimsical Word, Inc., WELCOME and THANK YOU! I continue to reach new levels of followers each month! As The Whimsical Word, Inc. grows, it's hard to keep things on a small, personal level as an author, entrepreneur and SLP. So, I decided to put together a list of 10 facts you might now know about me. Thanks for visiting my blog, Facebook Page, Instagram account or Teachers Pay Teacher store! I hope you continue to stick around, share your insights, and your product wish list!
1. My maiden name is WAY worse than my married name. Yes. It is. I was born Andrea Michelle Cerekwicki. Then, I married Jim Szwabowski. Not cool for an SLP. Or my children (who thank goodness are good spellers). Both of our fathers are 100% Polish, and both of our mothers are Irish.
2. I dropped out of Grad School for Speech Pathology. I started at the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh in the fall of 1996, only weeks after meeting my husband. After many unfortunate events (including a crazy, radical supervisor), I QUIT and came home. I considered becoming Sign Language Interpreter until being accepted to Governors State University in the fall of 1997.
3. I suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I was diagnosed shortly after marriage, after multiple trips to doctors and specialists. I fought infertility for most of my 30's until God granted me two beautiful baby girls, 4 years apart. I continue to struggle with some symptoms, but exercise and the right diet really helps as I age.
4. I have a huge GAP between my 2 front teeth (but you can't see it!). Pregnancies had significantly widened the Madonna-like gap I had between my two front teeth. So much so, that my students often asked me if the tooth fairy had come for a visit! I had my teeth cosmetically fixed by a dentist in 2010.
5. I'm an ENFJ (extraversion, intuition, feeling, judgement)! Have you ever taken the Meyers-Briggs Personality test? Each time I take it, the results always lead to the same conclusion. I am considered one of the rarest personality types, as ENFJs only account for about 2-5% of the population. You can read all about ENFJs by clicking HERE.
6. My second love is interior design. I love to restore furniture, and paint pieces that have a great structure. I absolutely love to repurpose, so you might find me in Flea Markets and Vintage Fairs with my eyes glazed over in happiness. I have painted about 10 pieces that are currently showcased in my home. My second career would be a DIY for hire. But I hate crafts. I only love interior design elements. I'm slowly building my landscaping skills... but I'm pretty good at that too.
7. I CRAVE authenticity. In everything I do, in every relationship I have, I am drawn to humility. I find myself repulsed and disgusted by "fake". I am uniquely drawn to people who show me their flaws and embrace them with honesty. I strive to be less of a consumer and more of a giver. So materialism and keeping UP with the Joneses are not my gig.
8. Lipstick is my life. Since the 8th grade, I have worn every shade of red lipstick on this planet. And I will never stop. I don't even care if I'm 90 and my lipstick bleeds into my wrinkled lips. You might see me in Walmart on the weekends with out, but guaranteed I have 5 tubes in my purse. My favorite? Berry Pop by Clinique.
9. I want to move WEST. My dream is to live in Wyoming, Montana, Tennessee, or Colorado. I would love to live in a giant home with a wrap around porch and giant stone fireplace in the middle of nowhere. Maybe even learn to shoot a gun and raise chickens. Although I've lived in the midwest my whole life, I hope I can retire where Longmire was filmed. Seriously. Amazon can deliver my lipstick.
10. If I could have lunch with ONE person....it would be Joanna Gaines. I have loved everything about her since she arrived on the scene. She is a true model for me and my business. I've read every book, watched every episode and now collect her magazines. She seems like the most gentle soul, someone who, despite her fame, remains authentic and humble. I would love to know her secrets, and laugh as we create something with chicken wire and an old window frame. Plus, my husband is Chip by another mother. So I'm sure we would have lots of stories to swap over scones. My dream is to finally visit Magnolia Farms in Waco, Tx. I'll get there, one day.
Thanks for reading! If you'd like to check out my NO PRINT and NO PREP lessons on TPT, click HERE! I'd love to help you make your therapy planning easy.
And you MUST sign up for my newsletter! So many amazing blogs, products and strategies left to share!